Suddenly on one of my Magento shops I got some errors in the browser’s console (the CSS and JS files were not found), just like the ones bellow. I took their URLs and pasted them in the browser. Surprise… they were not missing. I changed the permissions on those files and still no luck.

After a few Google searches I found out that the cause of the error was a Magento extension called  “Fooman Speedster”.  To fix the website you need to disable that extension. But how to do that if the interface is “dead” ? Well, simple. Using an FTP client, go to  /app/code/community/ and rename the Fooman folder. By doing this, the extension will be disable automatically and you website will work again. Good luck and don’t forget to tell me if you succeeded.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.site.ro/skin/m/1355769993/skin/frontend/default/MAGFREE002/css/widgets.css

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.site.ro/skin/m/1353492556/js/mage/translate.js,/js/mage/cookies.js
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.site.ro/skin/m/1353492556/js/jquery/jquery-1.6.1.min.js,/js/…ptaculous/slider.js,/js/varien/js.js,/js/varien/form.js,/js/varien/menu.js
Uncaught ReferenceError: Translate is not defined
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
Uncaught ReferenceError: Varien is not defined
Uncaught ReferenceError: $$ is not defined
Uncaught ReferenceError: VarienForm is not defined
Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined